See Ready.gov’s checklist(link is external) to create your shopping list. Note that individuals with access and functional needs(link is external) (link is external)may have additional considerations in a disaster environment.
Emergency kits are available from:
- American Red Cross
- Kaiser Permanente via EDI Systems
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health
- State of Louisiana: Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Virginia Deparment of Emergency Management
- National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office (cold weather survival kit)
To prepare an emergency kit for the road, visit the unofficial DMV website(link is external) (not owned or operated by any state government agency).