The New York Times: Biden’s 10-year pandemic preparedness plan includes a full-time ‘Mission Control’ office.
President Biden plans to establish a “Mission Control” office that would coordinate government agencies to forecast and spot pandemics in the future. The pandemic preparedness plan includes five goals:
1. expand the nation’s arsenal of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics
2. improve surveillance of infectious disease threats
3. strengthen the public health system, particularly focusing on decrease inequities
4. increase supply chain and stockpile of personal protective gear
5. create a new Mission Control office
Read the full article on The New York Times website here.